Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm blue! Da-ba-dee....

I'd like to introduce to you a blue toy room. A non-neon-yellow toy room. A kinder, gentler toy room.


I do apologize for my iphone photos in this post. The color seems to shift in every shot! But at least you get an idea of how our lives have changed. What? Color is a dramatic thing! If you think I jest, please scroll down to the entry before this one and see the chaos that we lived with for a year and a half! Decide for yourself if blue is something to be excited about...


With some money from the great-grandparents for Christmas, we chose this sweet and colorful USA canvas for their play room. We have family all over the country and are already trying to teach the little ones where Oregon and Arkansas actually are...


That teeny-tiny closet (smallest bedroom closet in the house) is now the dress-up closet, but I've yet to complete its makeover. I have a low hanging rod, low shelves, jewelry hooks, and new accessory bins in mind... I shall keep you posed. Posted, rather. And above that toy box, I'm planning floating shelves to corral all the favorite stuffed animals. Those shelves should probably have a lip to keep the little critters on, I'm thinking.


I still have lots of plans for this room! The pink chair above is the anchor of the "reading corner." On the walls above it, I'm planning to hang 3 or 4 spice-racks-turned-bookshelves in order to free up some real estate on the cubby shelf unit. Kinda like this:

via Domestic Simplicity
This is a somewhat dark view from the door. But I wanted to show the scale of the new play kitchen that we got the girls for Christmas. There's lots of space on the walls around the kitchen for hanging bins and shelves to help keep our fun kitchen stuff organized!


Oh, and by the way... anyone have any thoughts/preferences/ideas about rugs on top of carpet? I'd love to create "spaces" in the toy room possibly with rugs... good? bad? bleh?

2 comments:

Nate and Robyn Copper said...

I'll have to say the rugs even on carpet draw lots of playtime around here. They often will pull the rugs onto the carpet to play with legos or whatever... great idea!!!
Looks like a wonderful play room. I'm loving all the fun stuff you are doing with your house!

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic! And, I love all of your organization ideas. I'll be staying tuned, and will possibly steal your ideas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...