Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Last Goodbye

In the wee small hours of this morning, Andrew and I drove to the airport and said our goodbyes for what we are hopeful will be the last time for such a parting. With a last wave, I started my drive home alone and he hopped on a Dallas-bound plane.

At this moment, he is somewhere between Atlanta and Shannon. He'll now be able to say he's been to Ireland! Even if he won't get to see much... Someday we'll go back.

His R&R time was so wonderful. We really packed in the fun and the family and the memories and the photos! (I'll post some soon.) I am so in love with my husband - more today than ever before. He has been my rock and my encourager. His parting words so full of hope and anticipation.

"Only a few more months and we'll be together forever, Cass."

It may be 5 1/2 months before we lay eyes on each other again, but we are confident that this portion of the deployment will fly by. Those who know say that the last part always moves more quickly than the first, and we're choosing to believe that.

Our current mindset is just that he had to go back to work and I have lots to do while he's gone...and then it'll be done and we can face the rest of our lives side-by-side.

And we've already said our last goodbyes.

3 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

Love you Cass. And I had no idea today was the the day Andrew left and that's why I couldn't get you off my mind all day (so I sent an email).
I pray these next months do fly by for you and your re-uniting will be ever so sweet when you're in each other's arms again. I am so glad your time together was good. I had no doubt it could be anything but wonderful. Would love to see pics too.
Hope to see you between now and then.
love,
Abs~

Cathy said...

It was so good to see you guys together!...and it's always good to see a Godly relationship thrive...no matter what! I know you guys must have your good days and bad days, but you are an inspiration to us all. I've thought of you both often this week and have prayed that your days would be filled with His love.
Can't wait to see the pictures! Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

that's right. last good-byes. you are a stronger and more beautiful person because of this Cass ~ inside and out... ha, that was funny kind of... I pictured you physically buffer right then and there when I wrote that and I'm not sure or not if I meant that to be really "stronger inside and out!" - not that you are weaker on the outside... in fact you looked in good shape last month when I saw you... oh, I don't know. It's late and what I meant to say was I know that God will use this away part to make you the person that He will use for His glory... a woman that is stronger. A woman that has been through a fire she didn't know or not if it would consume her... and yes, by God's grace, the love of her husband... and the support of family... she will come out on the other side even more of a jewel than she already was. :)

love you
lys :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...