Tuesday, September 06, 2011

oh my goodness pancakes

As I wait for the perfect spray-painting conditions, I shall share a new (to me!) breakfast secret: pancakes with additives.

This morning, as I was whipping up the regular old pancake batter (which is awesome on its own!), I had the hankerin' to fill my girls' tummies with more healthiness without adding more items on their plate to eat. So I mashed a banana into the batter and tossed in a handful of rolled oats. Oh, I dribbled in a little vanilla, too, because I felt like it. Why haven't I done this before?? They gobbled them up and kept asking for more!

Watch out, my girls. Mommy's gonna start hiding stuff in your foods more often!

Do any of you have some awesome hiding-good-stuff-in-regular-food secrets? Anything in mac-and-cheese would be wondrous...

2 comments:

shelleycook said...

So cass, I heard a great tip the other day for mac n cheese! Puree some cooked carrots and add that in to the mac n cheese! I haven't tried it but Im sure its yummy!

Unknown said...

These sound yummy! I might have to try that tomorrow for the girls. Hope you get some good painting in during these nice fall days. Can't wait to see the transformations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...