Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins with just 2 ingredients (yes, 1 is pumpkin.)

I know she didn't! Oh, but I did. I gave in to the recipe that's burning up the pumpkin pages of Pinterest. They're usually just called 2-ingredient muffins, and they were - amazingly - pretty darn good. I was skeptical. I mean, how can you truly enjoy a muffin that has neither eggs, nor butter??


Here are the two famous ingredients. A yellow cake mix, and a can of pumpkin.


I wondered if it would be wet enough to mix well? And with the help of my hand mixer, it was! This coloring is a little more mustard yellow that it was, really.



I filled up some greased mini muffin tins. It was kind of like working with frosting. But something about mixing those 2 ingredients caused the batter to be really fluffy and airy. It was pretty cool.


And it made 60 mini muffins!



They puffed up so pretty... baked at 350 for 9 minutes. To quote one of the little girls from Despicable Me... "it's so fluffy I could die!"


You'll want to let them cool for a minute before you pry them out of the muffin tins. Then dust them with powdered sugar. I've also heard cream cheese frosting is another great way to go... I think I shall try that next time!

One other thing I might try next time is add more pumpkin. I was hard-pressed to even taste the pumpkin-ness of the muffin. But it kinda didn't matter.

Happy baking!




1 comment:

sethswifeforlife said...

My friend told me about these, but used a spice cake mix (instead of regular cake mix) and said it really gave it some awesome flavor. Sounds deliciously yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...