Thursday, August 11, 2011

a bicycle built for our room!

The 5th anniversary - on the traditional gift-giving lists - is wood. We haven't followed them all the way through, but I always think about it! This year is a milestone of sorts. I mean, it's our first increment of 5. Those seem to be the big ones! Not like 3 or 8... So by way of a traditional milestone gift, we decided to buy an art print (paper which is from wood) and frame it (wood!) for above our headboard. A fitting anniversary gift. Cause not just anyone can buy you art for your bedroom.

Our art of choice (well, my choice, but my hubby - who gets veto power - liked it!) was a print of a bicycle built for two that I found on Etsy. I fell in love with it right away.


We've always sung the old song "Daisy, Daisy" to our girls. "But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two!" That and I've just started seeing tandem bicycles everywhere, even used as art for wedding invitations, etc. What a perfect depiction of two people riding through life together! I don't know why I didn't think of it before now. Adorbs. So...we had to have it. And the price tag confirmed it. $20 for this original 20x24" print! I love me some inexpensive art!

One day after it arrived, I piled the girls in the truck and, armed with Michael's coupons and the print (which only got a little beat up riding in the cart with the girls), we headed to the craft store. I started out with the idea to frame it using a white mat and espresso or white wood frame. I quickly realized that it would look best and not overdone without a mat at all. So with the coupon and the sales that were already on, I scored a 20x24" espresso frame (regularly $50) for just about $15! So $20 for the print + $15 for the frame = $35 and a very happy me!

Stay tuned for the master room art reveal and still-to-do list...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...