The last Domino Magazine had an amazing article on creating Thanksgiving dinner in about an hour! The recipe for the turkey was fast and easy and made the best tasting turkey I've ever had. Seriously.
2 boneless turkey breast halves, skin on, 2.25 lbs each
2 turkey drumsticks, about .75 lbs each
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. coarsely ground salt
2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 500. Place the turkey pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub them with olive oil, then sprinkle on all sides with thyme, salt, and pepper. Make sure breasts are skin side up and spread out as much as possible, without touching any of the other pieces. Cook in middle rack of oven for 50 minutes.
1. Turkey breast halves were not available. We used 2 whole turkey breasts, instead, and no drumsticks. They sat high on the baking pan, so Andrew had to make them shorter and spread them out. It was all too gross for me.
2. With 2 whole breasts, we added 20 minutes to the cooking time which worked perfectly!
3. Warning: the house will likely fill with smoke as the oil and spices that fall to the baking sheet burn quickly at such high temperatures.
4. Warning: your baking sheet will never be the same.
5. We had 8 for dinner and still had plenty of leftover turkey! So it makes lots.
6. Best of all, no disgusting turkey innards to deal with. Yeah, my favorite part!
Happy Thanksgiving to our family and friends! Love to all.