Thursday, December 17, 2009

just five...just 70

So, for a long time I've been wanting to try my hand at stamping metal discs to create gorgeously personalized jewelry...

And I got the opportunity to do just that! The women's Bible study (Aspire) at Branches Church - that my mom leads - needed a great Christmas gift for all the women who would be attending our Christmas Brunch yesterday. So my mom and I got our heads together and decided that we wanted to do something that said "JUST FIVE." Explanation to follow.

Explanation: "JUST FIVE" has been a sort of mantra for the women's Bible study and, by extension, for the whole church for a couple years now. The phrase was coined to encourage us to spend just five minutes each day reading God's Word. A simple and life-changing discipline, but surprisingly hard to do!

Branches distributed green rubberband bracelets inscribed with "JUST FIVE" a while ago and we all have them floating around our houses. This Christmas, however, we devised a plan to supply the women of the Bible study, at least, with a pretty "JUST FIVE" bauble.


So I got the stuff and - with help - made 70 of them! Nothing like jumping in with both feet, huh? That's so me. But I was totally thrilled with how they turned out! And now I've got a new hobby...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...