Thursday, September 07, 2006

Passing the Board

Well, he did it! Andrew went before the Sergeant Major and the Promotion Board yesterday. Had to answer questions, quote creeds, demonstrate tasks (which included giving an IV!), assemble weapons, etc. He passed! And is now considered promotable. The paperwork will start going through today and he'll be pinned as a Corporal soon. When he earns enough promotion points (through tests, classes, achievements, time in service) he'll be promoted to Sergeant. That should happen next year sometime. But this is the only board he needed to pass for all that. I'm so proud of him!

That's my soldier.

2 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

Way to go, Andrew! That's awesome!
And, Cass, you're such a wonderfully supportive wife!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember the word/sound you say or make in the Army - you know that one that's like "oorah" or something - but if I could remember it, I would type it for this post...

good going- very impressive. I can't imagine doing any of that and passing anything... except maybe passing out.

congrats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...